The South Amboy First Aid Squad is joining with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Ready.gov to help America prepare for anything.
Throughout September, we are asking everyone to take a moment to:
- Update your family emergency plan (Or create one)
- Make sure that emergency phone numbers for your doctors and loved ones are up to date
- Update photos of your children (they sure do grow up fast)
- Write down any new medications you take, or remove any ones you no longer take
- Make sure that your Family Go-Bag/Emergency Supplies are properly stocked
- No expired food
- Enough water for everyone, including pets (for at least three days)
- Clothing in kit will still fit
- Everything you still need is still there (No one borrowed something from the kit and didn’t replace it)
- Replace the spare batteries in the kit (they may still work, but fresh ones annually will ensure they do when you need them most)
We will be sharing more great ideas throughout the month on our Facebook feed. Be sure to follow us there!